Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day: 120-127

Day 120: Avery's first Superbowl and my first Superbowl with winnings 
Magdiel and Jaiden watching music videos before the game.
 
Sadly, I asked Kyle who was even playing in the Superbowl a week before the party. He obviously got extremely annoyed and refused to tell me...Facebook informed throughout the week (Good thing for Facebook or I might not have know all the celebrities that have died or who won the Presidential election). We did a little betting, which I never win those thing,s so I didn't think twice about my answers. But at the end of the game, I gladly walked away with $90!
Grumpy pants...maybe he was secretly a 49er's fan.

Yep the dogs are worn out! Until next year.


Day 121: Take down a 9 year old mobster
Mobster, as in a person who is a part of organized crime. Yes, that kind of mobster. Well of course, being a teacher has either heightened my curiosity or I have always just been this damn nosey. So when 6 of my students are crowded around each other, I know they are up to no good. So begins the take down....
I open the paper that everyone has now shuffled away from except the ring leader, I will call her Capone, to find a "hit list". The paper has 2 columns one titled "friends" the other titled "enemies". So I find out that the enemies list is one created for those who have been done something and those who need revenge go to Capone and ask her to get back at them. Yep, real life mobster list going on in my classroom. Shocker my name was on the enemies list... I can't imagine what I did to make someone hate me. hahahaha I make them learn, therefore I am put on the list. Anyway, through investigations and some hard core interrogation, I got Capone to break down and tell me all about her plan to get back at people on the list. It is never fun when you have to look a mom in the eye and try your hardest not to tell them that their child is pulling some evil stuff. Probably my favorite was how Capone tried to spin it all around on the class bully. Too bad I know all about manipulation.

So after taking down mobster I needed a little stress reliever:
Day 122: Acupuncture
My two besties, Shanna and Gretchen at our pre-acupuncture dinner.
 
Acupuncture is amazing. They ask you ridiculously personal questions and then plop you down on a table and put some needles in you. It was one of the coolest feelings. I instantly went into a Zen like state. I believe Shanna's words to me on the way home were "Kate I have never heard you so quiet." YEP! 


Day 123: Evacuate my home due to a fire
I am pretty sure the fire alarm gods are out there laughing at me. Within a week, my school had a fire and then my apartment complex did. Fire alarms going on at all hours of the day and night is not my ideal way to enjoy my life.

Day 124: Bulling Intervention Program: Brain Wise
According to my school statistics, I have the most bullying behavior in my classroom. So our school psychologist and I teamed up to start Brain Wise. It is an anti-bullying program to get kids to see the science behind our brains and how they work, especially if we are bullying. It is a phenomenal program that has really opened my students eyes to the fact that they are all going through something similar. (Hopefull,y Capone is taking notes)

Day 125: Monster truck rally
I am pumped!!!
 

Day 126: Samhdi yoga
A part of my "yoga practice" is to try new places and new instructors. So I went to Samhdi Yoga Center for a new enlightening. I enjoyed my yoga and the teacher was really helpful.

Day 127: Pho in celebration of Vietnamese New Year

Happy Tet from the whole gang.

2 comments: