Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cold shower..okay. Bugs...not okay

The Latin American easy going mindset is definitely something to get used to. I have learned fairly quickly that if you ask you shall receive…when they can get around to it. We have patiently been awaiting hot water since our arrival but have yet to receive it. A cold shower can be refreshing after a long day walking around town in the hot sun. But when it is ice cold water from the river and it takes your breath away when you splash it on yourself, you tend to question the easy going mindset. So we are hoping for hot water today, but I won’t hold my breath.

The one thing I am hoping to get more easy going about are the bugs. If it’s not ants, it’s spiders and if it’s not cockroaches it’s beetles. Unlike in American where bugs are small to average size, their NBA and NFL siblings are down here larger than life. The people here average 5’2 and their bugs are not far behind them in length.



Here is a smashed cockroach on the street about the third the size of my foot. Now if he isn’t king of cockroaches, then I don’t even want to know what is. 


1 comment: