Thursday, August 4, 2011

Small things

There is something to be said for hoop jumping, it makes you stronger. My first 24 hours in Honduras were quite adventure filled. Between the 3 airplane rides, smoking plane, thunderstorms, sketchy airport, a 4 hour car ride (which by the way I am pretty sure Mario Kart was designed based on Hondurian drivers avoiding pot holes rather than banana peels), I am so happy to be here.
I live in an 8 bedroom house with 7 other girls…I am hoping for the least amount of drama that comes with living with girls, but I won’t hold my breath. We live in one of the nicer neighborhoods of Gracias, which makes it a little less noisy compared to the center of town. However, our area is not short of livestock, so my alarm clock is a couple of roosters and a few stray dogs rising with the sun.
Here is a view from outside my bedroom window. I live in the smallest room in the entire house but I lucked out with the best view, which I find as a fair trade off. Especially since the only thing I hae in my room is a twin bed and a”closet” (a rope strung from one side of the room to the other for hanging clothes).
Ahh the simple life I will lead for the next eleven months. In one day I have realized how to appreciate the small things.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment