Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 10

Teaching has been something I have been dreaming about since I was a little kid. But more importantly, reading has been a life long love. I cannot remember a time when I wasn't curled up with a book somewhere.

Now as a teacher, my love for reading has shifted to getting to know more about children's literature and how to make my students better readers.

I happened to be reading one of my favorite profession books about literacy for 4th-8th grade. When I stumbled upon a page that said, "To be a better reading and writing teacher, you must continue YOUR learning."
This got me thinking about all the ways I can learn more about reading and writing.

Day 10: Join a literacy organization

So in hopes to be better educated for my students. I joined International Reading Association (reading.org).

It gives me resources like lesson plans, podcast, books and journals for ways to be a better educator.

I am looking forward to learning more. We should be life long learners and at an early age, my parents displayed this to me. I am thankful I get to continue to learn on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment