Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 7

When I think back to being a kid and painting in art class, I remember how my art teacher always said "No eating or drinking around the art... and don't dump over the water cup."

Those rules DEFINITELY didn't apply at Canvas and Cocktails.


Drinking wine + painting = a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, especially since I have never done anything like this.

I just had to be careful not to dip my paint brush in my wine.... what a tragedy that would be!

Day 7: Go to a wine and painting class.



First things first, get a glass of wine and get the colors for our painting...
and when I said glass I meant bottle... only kidding.
 
After a glass of wine, we were ready to begin painting. There were two ways to go, listen to the teacher or do your own thing. 
 
So it was very clear early on who was type A and who was not....

Type A followed the instructor and listened to her directions of how to paint....

Type B did not follow directions and used their creative juices to flow.

I am type A: listened to the teacher, followed her instructions. Out of 7 of us, only 2 were type A and followed directions.

Me, following directions.

Lauren's painting on left and Chelsea's on the right....so not following directions.


About half-way through they called all the birthday people up on stage to dance. Not sure why they chose the song "YMCA" by the Village People, but that was our song to dance to.

 
After a mid-workshop dance, it was back to finish the job.
 
 
Our final products. Love the differences!
 

 I am once again wowed by my friends. So happy to share one of my "new things projects" and my birthday with them.
 
Thanks to Lauren, Stef, Meghan, Mama Shuff, Chelsea and Tara for a wonderful birthday celebration.




No comments:

Post a Comment